WONG, CHEUK-NANG CLEMENT 王卓能
Head of Woodwind Department
Wong Cheuk-nang, Clement, a Hong Kong bred clarinet performer. He began his lessons with Mr. Alfonso Wong and Mr. Lee Shu Sing in St. Bonaventure College and High School. In 2001, he was chosen to join the Asian Youth Orchestra and tour around Asia countries. After he finished his music course in the HKBU with Mr. Martin Choi, he went on to obtain his Diploma and Advanced Diploma at the HKAPA, studied with Mr. John Schertle, assistant principal clarinetist in the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra. He was the concerto winner in 2007 HKAPA Concerto Competition with Copland Clarinet Concerto. In 2006, he was appointed the principal clarinetist of the famous Broadway Show “Phantom of the Opera” in the Hong Kong session, staged in the Hong Kong Cultural Center. Wong received the San Francisco Conservatory of Music Scholarship, where he graduated in May 2009 with his Bachelor degree studying with Ben Friemuth and Luis Beaz, members of the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. He is currently the Band Master, Conductor, Concert Master and the principal clarinetist in the Hong Kong Symphonic Winds.
王卓能於一九九七年畢業於聖文德書院，歷任校內樂團首席單簧管手。一九九九年王氏入讀香港浸會大學音樂預科系，師隨蔡國田老師。同年，更考獲英國皇家音樂學院單簧管高級文憑，期間師隨黃日照、李樹昇及麥德偉學習指揮。二零零一年王氏獲選代表香港參與亞洲青年管弦樂團，巡迴亞洲演出，其間跟隨巴爾的摩交響樂團之首席單簧管手 Steven Barta 學習。其後，於二零零三年入讀香港演藝學院主修單簧管，師承香港管弦樂團助理首席單簧管手 John Schertle。二零零六年王氏被選為百老匯音樂劇「歌聲魅影」出任首席單簧管手。其後，獲得三藩市音樂學院獎學金，到三藩市音樂學院完成學士學位，師隨 Ben Friemuth及Luis Beaz，於二零零九年畢業回港。王氏現任聖文德書院樂團導師及指揮，同時兼任香港交響管樂團團長、指揮、樂團首席及首席單簧管手。
Mr. YAP, GORDON, Oboe
MA (HKUtrecht), Adv., Dip., (HKAPA)
Senior Lecturer, Woodwind Department
• Graduated from the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts studying with Yiu Song Lam in 2000
• Master of Music of the Utrechts Conservatorium in the Netherlands, majoring oboe performance with Ernest Rombout
• Active performer, being member of the Hong Kong Wind Kamerata and the Hong Kong Virtuosi; and performer as guest player with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta, the Hong Kong Philharmonic, the Macao Orchestra and the Rotterdam Symphony Orchestra
• Performer with a variety of Hong Kong renowned singers including Hacken Lee, Eason Chan, kit Chan etc.
• Performed new compositions of the local composers in concerts yearly held by the CASH and broadcasted in the RTHK